Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Marriage...

I have said it once and I will say it until the end of my days...Marriage is 75 percent commitment and 25 percent romance, love, lust, sex, finances, intimacy and all of that other stuff.  There is a place in which you have to operate on a spiritual plane because your spouse will river-dance on your last nerve and no apologies will be given while doing so.  One reason divorce happens so frequently is not because people don't love or have an affinity for one another but we have boiling points that stay on a slow simmer most of the time.  We don't relax and allow our spouses to be vulnerable and safe in the understanding that the union is secure.  I need to be able to be my most basic self and still have the love and compassion of my husband.  The aforementioned in much easier said than done.  To be honest, some days it feels darn-near impossible.  I am learning that if the issues is not going to be of  importance next week, next month or next year, then maybe I ought to reserve my mental energy for issues that truly take precedence in my life.  The universe is filled with matter ready to spontaneously combust at any given moment, I am choosing to be easy.  Wish me luck as I go attempt peace.


2 comments:

  1. I needed to read that. Great message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%!!! I have learned and am still learning to pick my battles

    ReplyDelete

This is an open forum to express ideas, ideals and opinions. My only request is that we have respect for opinions that may be contrary to our own. Thanks a bunch and happy posting!